Wednesday, November 3, 2010

WAYYYYYY IN THE WATERRRRRRRRR

Yesterday marked the sacrifice that my mother made 27 years ago in pushing me out of her womb. It was not easy for Julie Davis, I will be the first to tell you that young Jason Davis had a huge head at the time of my birth. I thank her. When I was younger Mother Mitchell taught all of us in the Jr. choir the importance of the blessing we received from God. She taught us that through baptism we give ourselves the privilege of drinking from the same cup as Jesus. (Mark 10:39) I was baptized at 10 years old, but I have to admit that I was more concerned with learning to swim before I got baptized than I was concerned about the responsibilities of the act. I went on living my life, not always for the Lord. Through my many transgressions the Lord stayed in my corner. He blessed me to live 27 years in spite of me not fulfilling my end of the deal from when I was previously baptized. Three days before my birthday I was praying and decided that it is time to renew my promise with my Lord and Savior. I chose to get baptized again, because at 27 I now understand the responsibilities of getting in the water. It felt good, this time it felt right. I understood the word more at 27. I now knew what is expected of me and I am ready to hold up my end of the bargain. I say bargain because what little we have to do in order to get in Heaven is indeed a bargain! Jesus dying for our sins covered the hard work already. We are in a perfect position to benefit from Jesus' sacrifices. The baptism is the best birthday present I can ever get or give. Stay thirsty my friends....

No comments:

Post a Comment