Wednesday, September 29, 2010

PSALM 3

We all have been in situations where we felt like people were out for our heads. Every turn we make we see another foe looking to destroy everything we stand for. Where do we turn? Who has our back? God does, God has and will always be in our corner to tackle every facet of adversity that gets thrown our way. What is scary is that the people the devil sends out to overtake us know that The Lord is in our corner so they try to weaken that hold by saying faith in God will not help you against us. " Many are saying of my soul, there is no salvation for him in God." O for real? So the same guys that set out to destroy you in the same wind have the audacity in telling you that salvation will not be found in our Lord and Savior! Its amazing the methods the devil employs to trap us in his net. I look at football as an imitation of life, in what you deal with on the field prepares you to handle life cirumstacnes off the field. This is no different. In a week leading up to a game a team will watch film, discuss tendencies, and talk about the opponents adjustments. My bible is no different than my playbook! It tells you before hand every way the devil will attack you and how to defend yourself against it. All we have to do is make "the play" when the play comes. God is our ultimate Left Tackle, he protects our blindside from every blitz the devil can send after us. The bible states, " But you, O Lord are a shield about me, my glory, and lifter of my head." I for one gain a sense of bravado knowing the He will protect me from all of the nay sayers and attacks they have planned for me. It is much easier to walk with your chin up and chest when you already have the answers to the test before hand. The Lord handles our foes a we sleep, we wake up to find that they are already delivered into our hands. It does not matter how many people come after us, if we stay in the Lord we will prevail. " I will not be afraid of many thousands of people who have set themselves against me all around." There it is right there in our playbook in black and white. We stay in the Lord and we cannot be beat! That's exciting man, we are winners of a fight that the Lord sent his only Son to win for us ahead of time. All we have to do is be humble and obedient enough to except the victory!

1 comment: