Thursday, October 21, 2010

2ND CHANCE TO MAKE A FIRST IMPRESSION

I almost did not write my blog today. I felt in my personal battle vs my flesh I let the Lord down today and the effect of that was me feeling like I had no right to blog about the Lord. Then I thought to get on my knees and repent. Humble myself, repent with all my heart. We often do things that when we look back in hindsight we just feel awful and disgusted with ourselves. We know we are better than the person that lost his way for however brief the transgression was. I often feel that I let God down. I try to overcome my flesh but at times I too succumb to it. Does God give up on me? Technically I gave up on myself by my actions that were not of the Lord, but what am I to do next. We must repent, that is the only way to truly ask forgiveness from our father. We must mean it in our hearts for God to forgive us and give us a clean slate. Luke 5:32 says, " I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance." God wants us to come back into his arms and his loves. The Lord does not want us to stay in the dark no matter the sin we committed. Sin is sin, no sin is greater than the next so we always can go to God for forgiveness. " therefore I despise myself, and repent in dust and ashes." (Job 42:6) We do not have to beat ourselves up over our missteps ashamed to talk to the Lord. The shame is to not ask for his grace and go through your life with this sin inside of you ripping your soul apart. The burden is not for us to bear alone, our shoulders are not broad enough to hold it up. Ask God to intervene, repent and truly mean it in your heart so you can move on with your life in a positive direction. The grace God gives us is our trump card to deal with the sins we endure. When we repent and truly mean it God is happy with us, in turn our lives are filled with joy because we are not weighed down by sin. "Just so, tell you, there is joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents." (Luke 15:10) That is powerful, just one of us sinners repent the heavens rejoice. It is right here for us believers. We do not have to live our lives carrying around our sins like baggage. Stay thirsty my friends....

No comments:

Post a Comment