Monday, October 11, 2010

PSALM CHAPTER 14

When things go wrong, it is so easy to blame God for not doing "what he is supposed to be doing." My husband and I pray that God's will be done, that he will be in the driver's seat of our lives; leading and guiding us throughout our decisions, obstacles, and everyday challenges.  However, why do I get frustrated when things do not go as I plan?


When thing go wrong I sometimes forget what God has done for me. When I follow God and not my own agenda my life is so much easier. Things tend to run smoother because I am allowing God to lead not me.  I have always been a leader and not a follower; however sometimes it is best to just follow.  I cannot be a good leader when I am not equipped to lead.  Why be so selfish to want to lead others when surely I have no idea how to lead in certain circumstances?  I choose to follow God's lead.


Months before my husband and I prepared for our wedding we sought ballroom dance lessons.  I love to dance however I can never seem to stay on beat.  So Jason and I learned how to Waltz and guess who tried to lead? ME! Imagine, how silly it was for a girl who did not know how to Waltz and had no idea how to ballroom dance lead my husband on the dance floor. Needless to say, I continued to step on his feet, I went the wrong direction and I definitely did not stay on beat.  I lead us into a big mess!  


My patient husband quietly whispered, "don't worry, I can lead us through this just trust me."  Immediately, I realized how foolish I was acting.  Why did I feel the need to lead when my husband can lead us through and do an even better job than I can?  That is what I have to remember about the Lord. Why the heck do I want to lead when he can do a much better job than I can?  Now, what do we do while he is in the lead and something goes wrong?  Do we take the reigns and try and lead on our own? 


I think this is what happened in Psalm Chapter 14, their lives were not going as planned so they got angry at God. The fool [a] says in his heart,  "There is no God."    To forsake God, lean on my own understanding and try and lead during a bump in the road is foolish.  God turns stumbling blocks into stepping stones.  I am just Jessica, I can barely survive the Waltz while staying on beat so why not let someone who is better equipped to lead, lead?  Why would I choose to lead when my great, all mighty, and all powerful God is capable of doing so much more than I can.  I need to trust God, lean on him, and let him lead me through this dance called life. At least he can keep me on beat. I choose to keep dancing even when it rains. 

No comments:

Post a Comment