Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I MAY HAVE GOT A LITTLE H#%D BUT I WASN'T REALLY CHEATING

Every morning growing up as a child I saw my mother and father together. The family structure in my home was strong, a blessing. A blessing because many of my friends didn't live in homes with both parents nor did they understand the significance of a promiscuous relationship between man and woman. I did not know it any other way. The bible says that when a man finds his wife he finds a good thing. Where did this go? So many men and women now feel it is alright to cheat on their spouses. The family structure of a Family Matters or Cosby Show has given way to dating shows like Flavor of Love where on odd little man can date tons of women and make out with them all! This was not Gods plan for us. God made Adam and Eve, not Adam, Eve, Yevette, and Evon. We must have accountability with the gift of marriage the Lord has blessed us with. As the heads of our households, us men have to be the example for our wives and children. We must learn that our flesh wants us to chase women and succumb to lust. Let us not allow our flesh to become powerful enough to make us choose a path to emotionally and physical destruction. When our flesh becomes too much to bare alone share with God, ask for will power and the courage needed to get through it. The bible says even if we look at a woman in a lustful matter we have already sinned. True. he did not however say by that sin alone we have lost the battle. In this sex driven society it is hard to avoid, it is in our face at every corner. You would have to be in a cave with Bin Laden to avoid seeing these things. Don't get down, yes you may have stared too long but repent and try to get better the next time. That is all we really can do, try to get better and remain solid in monogamy. Stay thirsty my friends...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this. I started reading casually, but it really struck home for me. My parents were divorcing when I was 5 or 6, so I know what it's like to grow up in a home without two parents in the same household. I'm 22, and I see friends of mine rushing into marriage. It's amazing to me because marriage is such a powerful thing. I don't think some people understand the great benefit a healthy marriage has on raising children correctly in this world. Anyways, THANKS FOR THIS, glad to see someone spreadin the good word.

    ReplyDelete