Thursday, October 28, 2010

L.O.V.E.

Do people still believe in love at first sight? I know that love at first sight exists because the moment I saw Jessica Ashley Davis ( no relation) I was hooked like a bass. That one chance meeting jump started a string of events that would not have been possible if not for God. Proverbs 31 tells us of a woman that we should all aspire to have. The Lord wants us to come together with our mate and be happy. He wants us to confide in our spouse, treat them with respect, and share a connection on a spiritual level. God says, " An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels." I take this passage seriously. We can put weight in worldly possessions or we can claim a bigger gift the Lord has for us which is the love of a spouse. Proverbs 31, 13-31 explains all the great things that come with the right woman. I will spare quoting the whole chapter but I do urge you to take the time to read it. No matter if you are a man in search of the love of the right woman, or a woman in love and you just want to see a few things that God says make a great woman. This chapter is so powerful, and the amazing part that speaks to me is that my wife aligns to all these points made. I am a blessed man. For some of the mistakes I made, the women that I took advantage of I don't deserve my wife. The wonderful grace that God has promised us is evident to me every morning when I can wake up to my wife. Grace is receiving something we don't deserve, a virtue from God. That is what my marriage is and that is how I treat my marriage. Stay thirsty my friends... 




2 comments:

  1. can i smile any bigger?! Geeshh, i think you can see the back of my throat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! You have truly matured, my friend. The first step is recognizing that you have a great woman - CHECK! Now, treat her like the queen that she is and treat each and every day as if it's the first (note to self).

    ReplyDelete