Saturday, October 2, 2010

PSALM CHAPTER 6

The Lord never places too much on our shoulders to handle. Like I stated yesterday it is all a test of our faith and obedience. Chapter 6 talks of how when the anguish has started to seem overwhelming we can always turn to the Lord. The turmoil we go through could test our faith to the point where we feel the Lord does not love us such as in the first verse of chapter 6, "O Lord rebuke me not in your anger, nor discipline me in your wrath." That is an example of us as mere humans having self doubt. The Lord loves us in spite of us, and just because things don't always go as we would like does not mean the Lord has cast us aside. We must stay in faith. It is essential to our growth as Christians. We get so down on ourselves in times of misfortune that we stress ourselves out. We get caught up in everything that's going wrong that we forget to open our eyes to the blessings around us. We take those for granted and focus on the bad, "I am weary with my moaning every night I flood my bed with tears; I drench my couch with my weeping." That sounds like faith fading to me, no I am not saying that it is no time for grief but it can't consume our nights. We all get sad from time to time but we have to let God do the work and don't rush the process. If we take the time to look at our situations of distress and pray on them good things will happen. God hears our prayers, as said here,"the Lord accepts my prayer." and I for 1 believe in that if we have the faith of a mustard seed we can move mountains. My stock is in the Lord handling every aspect of my life! I let go and let God, he is the controller of all I do. I don't rush the process, I give the process to God for his control.

No comments:

Post a Comment