Wednesday, October 20, 2010

PREACHER ASKED FOR TITHES, AND I CAN'T AFFORD TO PAY

One of the things that a lot of people on the fence about God says that keep them away from church is the money involved in the tithes and offering process. I too fell under this myself for many years until I read more of the word and used it as my justification that I was doing the right thing by giving tithe and offering.  We can not allow these false prophets that parade around in Gucci and gold playing pastor scare us away from our duty as Christians. God has given us so much and the fact that 10% of our riches is all he asks for is another testament of his love for us. For all that he has done, God could very well ask for 25 or 50% and be justified. We pray for wealth and success in all things monetary, yet when the gravy train comes in we forget the very things we asked of God. We become greedy and want to keep our new earned little fortune. The next thing we complain about taxes, well Jesus will ask us who is on our money? In those days it was Caesar, so we pay Cesar then pay of offering. Now its presidents so we pay the government. We pay taxes then pay the Lord. There is no way getting around our obligation to God. We owe him everything. Others argue, well I don't see the gross just the net so I tithe the net. Fine, but when you want a blessing does God deliver a half blessing, or does he give you his all. We want the all from him, so why not give God our all. As a football player we get paid 17 weeks, so for 17 weeks a gave 10% of my gross income. Tithes and offerings are really a tug of the heart, God wants to see if we are obedient enough to give. The floors of heaven are gold, he doesn't need your money. God wants us to be obedient in all things, even the things we hold near and dear to our heart. Money included. Let us let go of these earthly possessions and give Glory to God through offerings. Stay thirsty my friends....

No comments:

Post a Comment