Monday, October 18, 2010

IN HIS TIME FRAME

We often want things we pray for to come to us when we are ready. When they don't come fast our patience runs low and we get down in the dumps. God will give us all we ask for in prayer yet he does not say that we will get it as soon as we want. I am a victim of this. I pray for things and when they don't come fast I allow the devil in and let my faith run low. My whole life I wanted to play in the NFL and through the grace of my Lord and Savior I was afforded the opportunity. God kept me in his arms even when I turned my back on him. After college and after going undrafted the Philadelphia Eagles gave me a shot. I was in the NFL.  My rookie year I tore my ACL in my right knee and had to sit out the whole year. Then that was followed up by two seasons of practice squad service. Now, by being in the NFL  my dream is somewhat fulfilled, but I did not garner the success's I prayed for. Did the Lord forsake me? In my ignorance he did but in reality I have yet to reach the full blessing. At 26 years old there is still time for the Lord to grant me what I pray for every night. I have to remain in faith and remain patient. I have to do all the things in my power not to block my blessing. I have to be humble, humble enough to accept a chance to play in the upstart UFL football league. This is a second chance the Lord has given me to work my way back up to achieving my NFL dreams. Forsaken..... never, challenged... yes. The Lord has put a challenge in front of me and through his strength I will prevail. Stay thirsty my friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment